We are currently accepting applications for Fall internships.
Thank you for your interest in our internship program. We offer competitive pay for internships. Working in a Congressional office is a unique experience that requires interns to be adaptable and flexible, as they are asked to perform a variety of different tasks that make them a vital part of our office. While this changes from day to day, this may include assisting with constituent correspondence, giving Capitol tours, or working with various staff members as needed. Interns are also encouraged to attend committee hearings or briefings on issues of importance to them, as well as seek out learning opportunities around Washington, D.C.
Intern Job Responsibilities:
- Researching legislation and assisting staff with special projects
- Working with the communications team on things like social media posts and press releases
- Assisting with the drafting of constituent correspondence
- Answering phones and organizing incoming correspondences from constituents
- Conducting tours of the U.S. Capitol
- Other projects as assigned
Intern Qualifications and Skills:
- College students from the Upstate of South Carolina are preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
Required fields are followed by *.